disney countdown

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

'Tis the Season!!

Happy Advent season!! I'm sure I'm not exactly unique, but I absolutely love the Advent season and anticipation of Christmas. In our house, it starts Thanksgiving night when the kids get their new Christmas jammies and we put up the tree. It gets easier to control that process evey year! We also get out our Santa mugs for cocoa, read the Christmas books from years past, and snuggle on the couch watching a Christmas video. The kids did a great job with the tree - though we have migrated the ornaments upward as Evan would notice one he thought would be fun to play with!





My husband went way above and beyond this year in helping me decorate the outside of the house to match the excitement we all feel while we await the celebration of the birth of our Savior. The picture doesn't do it justice! We even have one of those machines where the lights "dance" to Christmas carols! The girls are on the porch dancing to the music. On the list for next year, when we have room in the budget, my dream Nativity scene!!



OK, this is just plain a brag picture because my little girls are getting so big and, though I'm prejudiced, even more beautiful!! Rod wouldn't take the picture unless I got in it so bear with me and my "these boots are made for walking" boots! An aside, as we walked into church I noticed that the dress Loren is wearing is at least an inch shorter on her than it was when she wore it a few weeks ago! She's going to be taller than both of her parents by 12!!




1 comment:

Rachelle said...

You and your girls look fantastic Cris! What great traditions your family has - sounds like a lot of fun and an awesome way to celebrate the season!