disney countdown

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another peaceful Sunday!! In our house, Sunday is "Family Fun Day" - no work allowed, only play together as a family. Needless to say, the kids LOVE Sundays and so do Rod & I. So far today we've had coffee and home made waffles, snuggled and watched cartoons, gone to Church and lunch with Gma & Papa, and worked out as a family. Right now Rod is playing Wii with Evan & Loren. I would love to join, but Evan's going through a bit of a mommy's boy stage these days - his bout with Strep throat isn't helping that - and I don't want to take away from their moment. Paige is having fun playing Barbies by herself downstairs with no sisters or brother messing things up, so I'll post and keep her company. Here are some snapshots of what's been going on with us this week.


Reason 671 why I love my kids' school! The girls are above holding their Lenten crosses. Every child and teacher in the grade school and preschool had to decorate a cross. Then on the Mon. after Ash Wednesday they all got together in the gym and chose a cross "secretly." You don't tell whose cross you have, and no one tells you if they have your cross. You are to pray for the person whose cross you got throughout lent, and their family, and then after Easter they will get together again and find the person they've been praying for. The girls have done an awesome job remembering our "Lenten Angels" as Loren likes to call them.

OK, good thing Rod never reads our Blog b/c he would Hate that I posted these, but come on!! This is Evan being a Musketeer. He has on Brooke's boots, Paige's Hello Kitty gloves and the sword is his. I think the t-shirt makes it even better, don't you? I only wish I had video of him doing a somersault then hopping up saying "On guard!!" Sorry for the fingerprints on the lens again! He's apparently a bit of a Clark Kent - taking photos by day, dueling bad guys by night!

This may be my favorite photo of all time! The kids were eating Girl Scout cookies by the space heater - we love the spacer heater around here - while Rod and I were in the kitchen cleaning up supper. Rod walked into the living room to check on them and busted out laughing. Evan had melted the chocolate on his cookie and smeared it all over his face. I promise, we did not do any of that - he did it all himself. Isn't that wild? Look how even it is!! Even a mustache! And no one in our family even has a beard!! I love it!!

My pretty girls before Church this morning.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi!
This isn't a comment about your post per se, so you don't need to publish it. I just wanted to invite you to "Kids say the darndest things Friday" blog hop at:

http://mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-signature_19.html



We’d love to have you join the fun and share your stories. I’m sure that you have some real gems!

In Christ,
Lucy

The Hudcaps said...

Great pics! We all had pleasant Sundays! Evan cracks me up. I can't believe how grown up the girls look.