disney countdown

Monday, July 28, 2008

Children are truly a gift from God

During our nightly prayers the girls always say what they're grateful for that day. Usually there's a lot of "I got to play with friends" or "I went to Grandma's" or "We ate at McDonald's" (probably get to say that one too often!). Then the other night Paige blew Rod and I away when she said "I pray for all the people who don't have homes and have to live in boxes that they can find a house to buy, and for all the mommies and daddies that they don't get lost for their kids."

Not to be out done, a few days later Brooke looked at me and said "Mommy, what color are your eyes?" "Blue." "What color are my eyes?" "Brown." "Why?" "Because, that's the way God made us." "Oh . . . . good job God!!"

And finally, Loren, our little saint in training. I found her alone in her room the other day, just sitting on her bed. I asked her if she was OK and she said yes. So I said, "Did you just need a little break from your sisters and your brother?" She said, "No. I just needed to be alone with God for a while. We needed to talk."

I guess we're doing something right.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are doing A LOT of things right! God bless your beautiful family!