disney countdown

Monday, July 28, 2008

Just because it's cute!

Did you know that "QRN" are the most powerful letters in the alphabet? Apparently they can represent any word in our spoken language. Let me explain. Back before Loren could read and spell everything, Rod and I would spell all the good words - you know, like our parents used to and we swore we'd never do. Well, Loren quickly picked up on that and has taken to spelling things she doesn't want her sisters to know. Like, "Can I stay at g-r-a-n-d-m-a's?" or "Can I play c-o-m-p-u-t-e-r?" Paige, not wanting to be out done, has taken to spelling things as well. However, since her phonics is a little more limited she has designated "Q-R-N" to be universal for all wants. Like, "Can I have a q-r-n?" (a.k.a. treat) or "Can we go q-r-n?" (aka outside) or "Can I stay at q-r-n's?" (aka grandma's - see a pattern?) Amazingly enough, we always know what she means!

No comments: